Friday, July 27, 2012

DONE!!

Today Kavan finished his second round of chemotherapy! Overall, I feel this cycle has gone pretty well. Physically, Kavan has experienced some fairly minor side effects. He is occasionally nauseous and dizzy which has not impacted his daily activities that strongly. Like his last cycle of chemotherapy, he is taking two anti nauseant medications daily which are zofran and decadron. I think he has been experiencing the most side effects from the decadron as he is complaining it keeps him up at night. I've heard this is a common side effect. Hopefully life will return to semi-normal now that he is no longer using the medications for the next couple of weeks.

We have a busy weekend ahead of us. Kavan's good friend is tying the knot tomorrow! I hope he will be in the mood for some dancing!

Currently, Kavan and Evan has assumed the video game position on my couch. I am happy that Kavan is well enough to enjoy even the simplest pleasures.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:109 St NW,Edmonton,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: Comments that are disrespectful in any manner or contain spam messages will not be published. Please remember this is primarily a family blog published with the intent of keeping Kavan's family across the world and friends informed of his progress. Thank you