Thursday, July 26, 2012

Day 4 Chemotherapy

Wow, another day down! That means we're 80% finished with chemotherapy cycle 2. Hard to believe it's almost been two months since this whole ordeal began. I hope that time flies this quickly for the rest of the year.

Kavan in his recliner at the Cross Cancer Institute
I am happy to report Kavan felt well again today. It seems that the nasty side effects he experienced with the last cycle of chemotherapy are not appearing with this cycle. Again, something I never thought I'd be thankful for. He occasionally feels some nausea and "haziness" but these seem to be both fleeting feelings.

Today we managed to go swimming after Kavan's chemotherapy finished for the day. At the moment I can barely keep my eyes open, I truly do not know how he does it. We brought along Kavan's nephew, Patrick. I adore Patrick and the energy he CONSTANTLY has. He makes an activity such as swimming seem so fresh and exciting. I think Patrick's energy is a positive for Kavan as it's hard to feel down with such a bright soul around.

Tomorrow will mark the end of cycle 2. I cannot wait! We have a busy weekend planned and next week Kavan starts his new job! I want to thank everyone who has been following our blog, I know Kavan appreciates your support immensely. Please continue to comment and share his story with others as I know the support motivates him. More to follow....

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kavan and Ashley. This is Cathy Simpson here from London (marcelle's step daughter). have just been shown this blog and am so inspired by the postitivity you are displaying. We are thinking of you and sending lots of love to you. Keep being so strong and we'll send positive thoughts over the miles. Cathy, Nicholas, Alastair and Mia x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darling,
    I'm so proud of you! You have shown enormous courage and strength throughout the past few months. I know how much you are going through, but please know that you are surrounded by a loving family, many wonderful friends, and a circle of prayer. We all love you so much!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there I know your going through a lot but keep your head up and stay strong. Your blog is truly inspiring and makes me realize the struggle that people who are in the similar situation as you are facing but keep their chins up and keep smiling. Each day I pray it gets easier for you and your family/ friends. Whatever happens I wish you the best. You truly are one in a million. Stay strong :)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Comments that are disrespectful in any manner or contain spam messages will not be published. Please remember this is primarily a family blog published with the intent of keeping Kavan's family across the world and friends informed of his progress. Thank you