Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 3 chemotherapy

Today Kavan completed his third of five days of chemotherapy. That means he's over half done!
Kavan is feeling well again today, tired but well. He had a long nap today during his infusion. Boy, was I jealous.

He also managed a swim again today. He has been advised that physical activity can greatly reduce the chemotherapy associated fatigue.

Tonight we headed over for a family dinner at my parents house in Sherwood park. Nonna (my Italian grandmother) was in town to cook Kavan his favorite Italian meal. I think he had a ball with her as it is always an entertaining evening with Nonna. Kavan was also surprised to see that my dad and brother had shaved their heads in honor of his fight with ewings sarcoma. I was told yesterday they had been to the hairdressers and it brought tears to my eyes when I saw the photo. It's amazing how displays of support can motivate you to stay positive. Though I thought my dad and brother looked great bald, I am sorry Kavan but I won't be doing that myself.

Hopefully the next few days will be as happy and as uneventful as today. Please share this blog and spread Kavan's fight with ewings sarcoma.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Baseline Rd,Sherwood Park,Canada

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Kavan! You are amazing! I am thoroughly impressed by your positive attitude and strength through this...although I’m not surprised. We are praying for you and cheering you on. Hang in there, and keep smiling :-) BTW – baldy suits you!

    Fabulous blog, Ashley. What a blessing to Kavan you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,Cheryl! How wonderful to hear from you. Hope life is treating you well!

      Delete
  2. the boys look great. Ash is right! Us girls would not look that good. Proud of all the men in the pic.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Comments that are disrespectful in any manner or contain spam messages will not be published. Please remember this is primarily a family blog published with the intent of keeping Kavan's family across the world and friends informed of his progress. Thank you