Sunday, December 16, 2012

Good News

Another weekend has flown by. Kavan had a bit of a rocky week. He's been feeling quite nauseous since his chemotherapy on Monday. Not so much that it has significantly impacted his day-to-day functioning, but just enough that he feels lousy.

His ankle/left foot has healed remarkably well. He has now ditched all of his walking aids and is cane/wheelchair/walker free. It's a nice feeling to see him on his way back to normal. His daily wound care is winding down and he's been told that in another week he can venture back to the swimming pool. I know he's been struggling with the fact that he's not been able to really work out. Maybe that is why he's been feeling so lousy this week. His usual routine was to work out following chemotherapy as he says this makes him feel better.

Kavan's foot as of Sunday afternoon
So, now on to the REALLY exciting news! Kavan proposed to me this past Friday evening. Of course I said yes! We are ecstatic and looking forward to beginning our life together. It has been nice for just even a moment to forget about the C word and the events of the past six months. I am thrilled and couldn't have asked for a better guy. He amazes me everyday and his love of life is contagious. I don't know anyone quite like Kavan. He finds humor and happiness in even the smallest of things. I can say that he is truly my best friend and biggest supporter.






I guess Kavan's been thinking of proposing for quite some time. I was surprised to hear Kavan had the ring since August. A BIG thank you to Kavan's aunt from England, Auntie Marcelle, for helping Kavan pick out such a perfect ring. It's funny that he knew what I want even before I did. I really couldn't have done it better myself!

It's funny that pretty much immediately following the engagement, people inquire as to when the big day will occur. Kavan and I have briefly discussed this and we've come to the consensus that it will likely be summer of 2014. By then, he will have both his hair and eyebrows back and I will hopefully be done with my masters. We will have about 18 months to plan and will hopefully with all of this time avoid stress. I think we'll look at firming up some of the details in the new year.





Kavan in Gap Kids....Little head!

And now on to the final week before Christmas.....

6 comments:

  1. YAYAYAYAYAY! Congratulations! I love your ring! I can't wait for summer 2014!
    Love,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Ashley!!! And so great to hear Kavan is on the upswing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Ashley!!! And great to hear that Kavan is on the upswing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Ashley!!!!! Love the ring! You'll make a beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited about Kavan joining the family.

    And it will be great to get to know all of the Hydes better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!

    I'm excited that Kavan is joining the family. And it will be nice to get to know all of the Hydes better!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Comments that are disrespectful in any manner or contain spam messages will not be published. Please remember this is primarily a family blog published with the intent of keeping Kavan's family across the world and friends informed of his progress. Thank you