Friday, December 28, 2012

On to the next cycle...

It's been awhile since I blogged last. I am still in Hawaii with my family. There are currently 13 of us here with another 18 extended family arriving today. The weather has been great with lots of sun! I am unfortunately sick with a terrible cold. I think this might be the first time I've been so sick in a couple of years. I think the stress of the last six months is finally catching up with me. Hopefully just a few more days and I'll be back to new.

Now, on to Kavan. He had a great Christmas with his family. I was very sorry to miss it.










He's feeling better after his stint in the cross cancer institute but remains on some pretty heavy duty antibiotics. I think, at times, he feels pretty groggy from all these medications.

Today he had another follow up with his oncologist to determine whether or not he is fit to have chemotherapy next week. The good news is that his blood counts are high enough that he can start his next round of chemo. While this is good news, I am somewhat apprehensive about Kavan starting his next round due to the events of the last couple of weeks. I am hoping that as his radiation is further and further away that he starts to bounce back more quickly.

Have a good weekend all!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:S Kihei Rd,Wailea-Makena,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: Comments that are disrespectful in any manner or contain spam messages will not be published. Please remember this is primarily a family blog published with the intent of keeping Kavan's family across the world and friends informed of his progress. Thank you