Saturday, December 22, 2012

Day pass

Today Kavan's neutrophils climbed to 0.6. Almost enough to warrant discharge from the hospital. He was given a day pass from the hospital, meaning he was well enough to go home for the day. He's required to return for the hospital for the night in order to ensure he remains well.

Let's all cross our fingers that he is completely discharged from the hospital and he can put this whole ordeal behind him.

I am writing this and the next bunch of posts from the island of Maui. It was extremely difficult to leave Kavan and I was quite upset yesterday. It was a tough decision. My entire family has decided to spend Christmas in Hawaii and as family members age these types of holidays are especially meaningful. So, for the next couple of weeks Kavan and I will have to chat over FaceTime and text messaging. Kavan, I love you and miss you already!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:S Kihei Rd,Wailea-Makena,United States

1 comment:

  1. Hi, this is Suzie from the Sarcoma Alliance. I hope it's OK, but I added this blog to our blog roll at http://sarcomaalliance.blogspot.com/ Best of luck! Also, I wanted to mention that we always have competitors in paddleboard and outrigger-canoe races in the summer in Hawaii. People can come out and cheer them on ...

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Comments that are disrespectful in any manner or contain spam messages will not be published. Please remember this is primarily a family blog published with the intent of keeping Kavan's family across the world and friends informed of his progress. Thank you