Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day 2 Chemotherapy

Today was Kavan's second day of five days of chemotherapy. I am happy to report he is feeling well. He says he feels tired, but I would feel tired if I had to remain in the same spot for eight straight hours. No nausea or vomiting which is fantastic news.
Kavan resting comfortably in his bed @ Cross Cancer Institute

I managed to sneak a visit in during my lunch hour. It is very convenient that I am just across the street at the Stollery. Isn't it funny how I moved jobs and hospitals before all of this started. It's almost as if there was a larger reason for my move. In all honesty, it makes me feel better to see Kavan and know that he is doing well.


Kavan & I during our lunch time meeting
Amazingly, Kavan was feeling healthy enough to go swimming after he finished his treatment for the day. I'm not sure how he has so much energy as most days I feel like sitting on the couch after work. His determination to maintain his physical health is very impressive. Since he began his treatment his attitude and actions have never ceased to amaze me. If only I was a little more like Kavan. This is truly a lesson to all of us.

I am happy to report that at this moment Kavan is busy playing video games with his best friend, Evan. I never thought I would utter those words...HAHA. More to come.

1 comment:

  1. Jim Cornish does not look as good as you without his hair. Just saying. Hump day is over. Still proud of Jim for doing it.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Comments that are disrespectful in any manner or contain spam messages will not be published. Please remember this is primarily a family blog published with the intent of keeping Kavan's family across the world and friends informed of his progress. Thank you