Monday, November 26, 2012

Congratulations....you've won a walker!

So, finally some good news. Kavan's foot is NOT infected. He zipped off to the Cross Cancer this morning and had an opportunity to meet with his radiation oncologist. Despite the stinky smell, she's confirmed that he does not have an infection. I was overjoyed to hear this news as the nurse in me had my mind going wild and thinking about widespread sepsis.

Kavan was given an anti-biotic cream to put directly on his ankle to prevent any infection but the doctor , right now, is happy with the way things are healing. In other news, Kavan has received a walker to help him get around. True to Kavan fashion, one of the first things he did upon telling me was crack a joke. Gotta love the positive attitude. Kavan remarked that when using the walker outside the Cross that some seniors had been extra nice him and even stopped to wish him a good day. I never knew what power a walker really had. It's nice to see him bonding with those who he now shares some commonality.

Kavan was also given the prized disabled sticker for his car. This is something that he's been needing for quite a while now. It's been hard seeing him struggle while mobilizing through snow-filled, icy parking lots. Just yesterday, he almost wiped out on the ice as his cane slipped. Eeeek!

There's the good news for the day. I, myself, must now get back to my final paper of the semester.


Kavan and I at his graduation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: Comments that are disrespectful in any manner or contain spam messages will not be published. Please remember this is primarily a family blog published with the intent of keeping Kavan's family across the world and friends informed of his progress. Thank you