Thursday, August 9, 2012

Birthday

Today we celebrated Kavan's Dad's Birthday. We had a lovely supper at Joey's with all of the family. Kavan's aunt, Marcelle, arrived from London yesterday. It has been about a year since we have seen her and I have to say we're very excited to have her here! Hopefully the weather continues to hold up!


Auntie Marcelle, Patrick & Kavan

Patrick


Gramps Hyde, Kavan's Mom and Patrick



Kavan has almost finished his second full week of work. He is enjoying his job at Scotiabank and tells me each day about the exciting perks he has discovered. I am certainly envious as I do not get to enjoy any perks at my job.

Overall, he has been feeling well this week. Tomorrow is the big meeting with Dr.Chu to see if he may proceed with the next cycle of chemotherapy on Monday. In light of our recent ER visit I am quite nervous for his lab results and anxious for this meeting to be done. He continues to have some odd bumps on him. We think this may be related to his hair follicles no longer functioning properly and are hoping to chalk the bumps up to simple ingrown hairs. Let's all cross our fingers that it is not something more serious. It seems that just as we've finished one cycle of chemotherapy, the next one begins. Then comes the stress of keeping Kavan healthy and well enough to continue with treatment. Often, I find myself lying in bed at night worrying about this.

This weekend Kavan and the family are off to Kananaskis to enjoy the Rocky Mountains. I will be here for a Bachelorette Party. I'm sad that I will miss the mountains and sight-seeing! Hopefully the weather holds out!

Kavan, Patrick and I

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: Comments that are disrespectful in any manner or contain spam messages will not be published. Please remember this is primarily a family blog published with the intent of keeping Kavan's family across the world and friends informed of his progress. Thank you