Sunday, August 26, 2012

27

Today was my 27th birthday. Wow, I feel old.

On Friday Kavan organized a great birthday party for me. We went to Rigoletto's for dinner then out to the Pint for some drinks. This was the first time in months that I've felt relaxed and able to have a worry-free night. It was nice to see Kavan enjoying himself so much as well. Thanks to Kavan for organizing a great day and thanks to all who attended. I couldn't have survived the last few months without you guys!!
Dinner with my besties at Rigoletto's

Jakub, Amanda & Kavan

Strange Kavan....

Lindsay, Myself & Amanda






Today we had a nice relaxing lazy day. We lounged about and then went to supper at one of my favorite restaurants, Cactus Club! Mmmmmm!





This week will hopefully be as uneventful as the last. Kavan had another great week at work. He seems to be very well liked at his job. How could you not love a guy like Kavan? His positivity and enthusiasm is contagious! I am thrilled things are going so well. I think this opportunity has been a much welcome distraction and am a firm believer that it has helped him stay well.

Kavan has his pre-chemotherapy follow up appointment with his oncologist on Friday morning. He will have his WBC levels checked to ensure they are adequate enough to proceed with chemotherapy on Monday, September 3rd. Yes, chemo does not take STAT holidays, boo! Let's all cross our fingers. He has been feeling quite well and so I'm feeling optimistic. Now on to another work week....

1 comment:

  1. Hi, my name is Dal. I just noticed the comment you left on my blog: http://my-ewings.blogspot.co.uk/ so I thought I would have a look at your and Kavan story.

    Its great to see Kavan is doing so well and it's comforting to know that someone similar to my age is beating this awful cancer and staying so strong.
    Btw, I have my 5th cycle of chemo on Monday too :). I dread going in every time but this is the one before the last for me so at least the end is near. Well, I say that but then I will be having surgery and them more chemo but you have to break it up in sections otherwise it does seems never ending.

    Another weird thing is... I was actually working in Calgary when my cancer was discovered which is not that far from you guys. And its thanks to the doctors there that believed me I was in pain and did a CT scan. Im from the UK and when I was home they initially thought that it was my appendix and they took it out without doing any scans. So I am going to be forever thankful to the great doctors in Canada that helped discover the cancer. As soon as I get the all clear I am planning on going back to Calgary and doing my trip through the Rockies to Vancouver. And also to visit the hospital to try and find the doctors that helped me, just to say a massive thank you to them.

    Anyways, I hope you guys stay strong and things go as smoothly as they possibly can for Kavan! Hopefully the next few months will pass very quickly for both of you.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Comments that are disrespectful in any manner or contain spam messages will not be published. Please remember this is primarily a family blog published with the intent of keeping Kavan's family across the world and friends informed of his progress. Thank you