Monday, October 8, 2012

Today I'm Thankful for...

Happy Thanksgiving! It's hard to believe another thanksgiving is upon us. How the time flies. I'm happy to report that Kavan is feeling much better and has almost made a full recovery from his cough. He has been feeling well and able to enjoy all of his normal activities.

Friday night we headed out with our friends Lindsay & Jakub Komar. We went to a small bar where we played pool. Kavan enjoyed a few beers, if it wasn't for the bald head you wouldn't have ever known that he was receiving treatment for cancer. Thank goodness for that. On Saturday he enjoyed more time with friends. Sometimes I think that even he forgets about what else is going on. I am truly thankful that he is well enough to do all of these things..I know some people receiving treatment are so exhausted that leaving the house is a difficult task. I guess age and the fact that is healthy is really on his side.

Kavan and his GIGANTIC stein of beer at Mrkt
Today we enjoyed thanksgiving lunch at Kavan's house. We had a full house today including the Rutman family, Dr.Magnus, the entire Hyde family and my brother and his girlfriend. It was so nice to have everyone together to enjoy a nice meal. We all ate so much food a mid-afternoon nap was warranted, though Kavan's nephew was having none of that.

Patrick, David, Layla & Kavan
What am I thankful for? Isn't this the purpose of thanksgiving to cause us to pause and think about all of things we are so fortunate for? It is so easy at this moment in time to veer off to a negative place and have thoughts such as 'why kavan'? I often find myself going there. However, it's days like today (and should be everyday) that remind us to think about the positives in life. So here it goes, today I'm thankful for the fact Kavan is healthy enough to enjoy the simple pleasures in life: dining with family, enjoying drinks with friends and laughing at a joke. I'm thankful that he is winning his battle against this awful disease and doing so with the biggest smile on his face. I'm thankful we live in a country in which you don't have to take out a second mortgage on your house to pay for treatment. I'm thankful that I have a best friend who is capable of teaching me life's most precious lessons.

Mrs. Rutman & Kavan
I'll say it again, Kavan you are truly an inspiration. I'm so proud of the grace you have shown while dealing with hopefully the most difficult situation in your life. We're all so fortunate to know you.

Patrick & Kavan


Bobo enjoying a Thanksgiving cupcake









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: Comments that are disrespectful in any manner or contain spam messages will not be published. Please remember this is primarily a family blog published with the intent of keeping Kavan's family across the world and friends informed of his progress. Thank you