Saturday, September 22, 2012

Today I'm happy about.....

Another week over. Week 11 has come to an end. Kavan had a nice break the hospital and had absolutely no appointments. Aside from the bald head it seemed there were no reminders of the cancer. Such a nice break. I did not blog this week largely due to the fact there has been not much to report. This is very much one of those situations where no news is good news.

Kavan had a great week of work. He's really starting to hit his stride at work and seems very proud of what he's doing at work. I'm proud of him for getting up everyday and carrying on despite his current situation. He's truly a marvel!

The break will be short-lived as Kavan will have a round of chemotherapy this week pending his blood count results. He will have a bloodwork and a meeting with his oncologist, Dr.Chu on Wednesday and have chemotherapy on Thursday. I'm feeling optimistic that his blood counts are adequate...he looks healthier than me on most days! He should also received the results of his recent CT and heart scan on Wednesday. Let's all cross our fingers for good news.

Kavan on a recent trip to Hawaii

Throughout this whole ordeal I've done a lot of thinking about the power of a positive attitude. This has been difficult for me as I tend to be quite pessimistic about things. However, I am thankful that Kavan is the opposite; definitely an optimist. Kavan and I have had long talks about the rarity of his condition and why on earth this happened to him. Something that we have tried to do everyday since the beginning is speak everyday about the happy things. It's not hard to get wrapped up in negativity and sadness and forget to see the brightness that exists in everyday. We'll say to each other, "Today I'm happy about...." Often, it's the most mundane things that make us happy but it's so important not to forget that these can define the day if you let them. So, with that, I challenge everyone to think about the statement, "Today I'm happy about....," and see how it applies to your life. It's amazing what a difference such thinking can make.



Happy weekend......

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kav and Ashley, pleased to hear you are doing well. I'm with mum dad Vanessa and Mia and we all send our love. We are all very proud and I hope your job is going well. Love to the fam. Marc xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Comments that are disrespectful in any manner or contain spam messages will not be published. Please remember this is primarily a family blog published with the intent of keeping Kavan's family across the world and friends informed of his progress. Thank you