Sunday, September 9, 2012

Another Weekend Over

Wow. How time flies. Already Monday again tomorrow. This weekend seemed to fly by, as most tend to. We had another great weekend and were able to enjoy some more summer-like weather.

Friday night we stayed in and caught up on rest after a long week of chemotherapy. Yesterday we celebrated my Grandfather's 90th birthday party. What a feat! My Auntie Jan hosted the party at her home in Sherwood Park and about 60 people attended.  It was a fantastic event and I really enjoyed meeting so many people from various aspects of my Grandfather's life. He is very inspiring and I am so fortunate to be able to celebrate such a milestone with him.
Kavan and I at the big party

Kavan was able to attend the festivities and even enjoy some drinks (largely against my professional advice). He's managed without his anti-nauseants over the last few days. Earlier in the week he was finding the side effects quite troublesome. The steroids tend to make him very hungry and a little bit of an insomniac.

Kavan, Danny, Diane, Teeg and Layla at G-Pa's Birthday

The Cousins

Kavan, Betty, Grandpa & I

Grandpa and I

The Cornish Family
Needless to say, he caught up on his rest this weekend and is ready to face another work week. Today Kavan enjoyed a bike ride in the great weather. I think his joy was short-lived as I had the task of giving another injection of neulasta. $2700.00 gone in 30 seconds! We are now entering the low point of Kavan's immunity and hopefully the neulasta starts to do its job! Here's to hoping it's going to be an uneventful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: Comments that are disrespectful in any manner or contain spam messages will not be published. Please remember this is primarily a family blog published with the intent of keeping Kavan's family across the world and friends informed of his progress. Thank you