Friday, June 21, 2013

DONE!

I've never been so happy to have something over with. As a kid I remember waiting excitedly for the final day of class before summer vacation, but this definitely trumps those feelings. Kavan has finally finished chemotherapy for Ewing's Sarcoma. It's been 50 weeks. A rough 50 weeks. In fact, I think for myself and those close to Kavan it was the worst 50 weeks of my life thus far. It was tremendously difficult to watch someone you adore essentially being poisoned. Someone, who at 26 was having aches and pains not supposed to be encountered until old age. I think for many of us it has been a year without sleep, sometimes I look a myself in the mirror and can't help but notice how I've aged significantly in the last year. They say stress isn't good for you, and I can see know they are most certainly correct.

Kavan has been feeling relatively well this week. He had a bit of achiness from the neulasta, but seems to be much better today. In the next few weeks, Kavan will have many appointments. I think he will be glowing from the amount of scans he is to have. As well, he will have his IVAD taken out. I think that's been his favorite part of this year. Because of the IVAD, he's gotten out of carrying anything of the slightest weight. Sometimes I think strangers must see us together, me the mule-him not carrying anything, and think what a jerk he must be. Well Kavan, your non-carrying days are numbered, and you're going to be useful again!
Kavan @ the Cross for his LAST chemo

On another note, Kavan's big party/fundraiser is coming up on Tuesday! We are very excited to be able to celebrate with everyone!

Here are the details:
When: Tuesday, June 25th @ 6:30pm
Where: GoodFellows Pub Edmonton (3046 106 St NW, Edmonton)
Cost: $20.00 at the door, (includes a little food and donation to charity)

For those not able to attend, Kavan is accepting donations to the Canadian Cancer Society. 

Click HERE to donate!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Kavan, Joe and I contacted a local taxidermist about sending you the Shark jaw
    he told us that we have to do it with the correct permits for canada because they are very very strict and will confiscate it if we send it without the permits so we are busy doing that at this moment hopefully you will get it soon
    lots of love UNCLE STEVE

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Comments that are disrespectful in any manner or contain spam messages will not be published. Please remember this is primarily a family blog published with the intent of keeping Kavan's family across the world and friends informed of his progress. Thank you