Saturday, January 2, 2016

Goodbye 2015...Hello 2016!

I'm a bad blogger. Really, I am. I am terrible at staying current and posting updates on Kavan's health and our life. I think part of this stems from a general busyness. Kavan is busy studying for his CPA while working full-time and me (the primary author of this blog), well, I am busy juggling full-time graduate studies will multiple part-time jobs.

Sure, that's one perspective, but I think  the bigger cause is more likely my unwillingness to continue living the cancer story. Certainly, cancer will always be a part of our story; however cancer is NOT our story. This is not it. I prefer to think of it as a little bump in the road, a slap-in-the-face reminder to not take life (and good health) for granted.

So before we start focusing (and living) in the present, I'll give a brief run down of 2015 and our plans for 2016.

2015 was our first full year as newlyweds and it was a great one.

January 1, 2015: Rung in the new year at a family wedding


February 2015: Best uncle x2! 

February 2015: Winter time at the lake with good friends

March 2015: Dinner before I headed to Ireland and Kavan to England

March 2015: My first trip to Ireland

April 2015: Obligatory selfie at an Oiler's game

May 2015: Trip with the besties to Hawaii

May 2015: Hike at the Kona coast

June 2015: Hanging out in Danny's basement with friends

June 2015: Kavan's new best friend.

July 2015: Celebrating two years of cancer freedom with friends.

August 2015: First anniversary dinner

August 2016: Ahhh, I'm thirty!

September 2015: Celebrating weddings!

September 2015: Our new fur-babies!

November 2015: My trip to Ottawa


December 2015: New Years!

2016: Day 1/365 at the Ice castle

There was our 2015. Now, on to a new year with much goodness. Here's what Kavan and I will be up to in 2016:

  • Kavan will hopefully finish up his CPA designation (Fingers crossed!)
  • I will complete my PhD candidacy and start my dissertation!
  • We will jet off to England for three weeks to see our much-loved overseas family.
And perhaps most importantly, we will continue to celebrate Kavan's cancer freedom with a strong focus on the future.

Happy 2016 and please send your well-wishes Kavan's way as he approaches his next appointment at the Cross Cancer Institute in a few weeks!




1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on so many good things happening to you two! It is wonderful to hear that Kavan remains cancer free. The best revenge of this cancer is to go out and live a good life. Happy 2016 to you both and may your wishes come true!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Comments that are disrespectful in any manner or contain spam messages will not be published. Please remember this is primarily a family blog published with the intent of keeping Kavan's family across the world and friends informed of his progress. Thank you