Sunday, May 5, 2013

New shoes, new stache, new week

It's been awhile since I've posted. Like all involved (I'm sure), I am starting to feel quite tired of this cancer thing. I can't remember what Kavan looks like without hair and am anxiously awaiting the day when Kavan goes from "having cancer" to survivor.




Kavan's first pair of shoes!
We're now onto week 44. Another 6 weeks and kavan will be finished! He's been given the tentative completion date of June 17. I think we're all counting down the days!
Last week was a bit stressful. Kavan was sick with a cold and I thought he might be headed to the hospital for another week long admission. He managed to get some good rest and is now on the mend. I'll be happy to throw that thermometer in the garbage and not have to think about fevers. On Friday he had his pre-chemo meeting with his oncologist,Dr. Chu. I think we were all surprised to hear the good news that Kavan's white blood cells were at a fantastic level and his hemoglobin had jumped from 85 to 127. This was great news because he is now out of the range of requiring a blood transfusion. I think even Dr. Chu was surprised to see such results! I'm thankful kavan has been so resilient through all of this.
Since kavan has stopped receiving doxorubicin as part of his one day chemotherapy cycle, his hair has started growing back.
However, not on his head like I had hoped! He is now growing a moustache that I can only liken to that of a thirteen year old boy. He's even got the same pride!
This week it's on to another cycle of chemotherapy. Kavan will receive five days straight for this cycle and this will be the last five day cycle!!! Hopefully all will be good this week and kavan will be well enough to enjoy our lovely spring weather!!








Have a nice week!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Kavan, I am so thrilled that you only have four chemotherapy sessions left! It's been quite a year, and I wanted to tell you how proud we are of you! You've been through so much, and always had a smile on your face, treated everyone with the utmost courtesy and respect, and teased and joked with the nurses throughout very long and trying days. You have been so wonderful and we have the deepest love and admiration for you. Dad and I are so proud of you! It's difficult to put into words how much you mean to us.... We love you so, so much! The end is finally in sight. You're almost there, sweetheart! Fondest love, Mom.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Comments that are disrespectful in any manner or contain spam messages will not be published. Please remember this is primarily a family blog published with the intent of keeping Kavan's family across the world and friends informed of his progress. Thank you