Sunday, March 10, 2013

Week 36

Wow. Another week gone. This means Kavan has now completed over 70% of his treatments. It seemed like just yesterday it all began.

Though it seems most weeks that time flies, this was not the case for this past week. Kavan was sick for the majority of the week and even had to miss a couple of days of work. I can't help but think this might have been related to the infusion of doxyrubicin over 15 minutes rather than the usual 4 hours. Kavan felt extremely nauseous and fatigued over the week. He just really wasn't his usual self. I'm really proud of him that he attended work as much as he did. I know it must have been difficult to interact with clients and put on a happy face when he was feeling so lousy. Usually, I can't remove myself from my bed when I'm sick. Kavan never ceases to amaze me.

This weekend it felt as if spring was in the air. I'm not sure if it's just me, but I've found this winter more difficult than the last. It seems that we have not had as much sunshine and our weather has been much more erratic. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up when it comes to the arrival of spring because living in Alberta we can have unpredictable snow storms in even May!

The weekend was filled with time with friends. Friday night Kavan engaged in his favorite past time: video games! On Saturday we celebrated a birthday with one of Kavan's close friends, Katie. It was really nice to have the whole group together.

Thankfully, Kavan has an appointment free week. In fact, he has an appointment free couple of weeks as he is not due back at the Cross Cancer Institute until March 25th! Freedom!!!!

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: Comments that are disrespectful in any manner or contain spam messages will not be published. Please remember this is primarily a family blog published with the intent of keeping Kavan's family across the world and friends informed of his progress. Thank you