Monday, April 1, 2013

Week 39

Another week over!

Kavan finished another five days of chemotherapy on Friday. Overall, I think he had a pretty good week. He had plenty of visitors which made the time pass quickly! I know that it made him happy to see each and every one of you, so a big thank you! It makes it easier for the Hyde family and I to be away from the Cross Cancer knowing that Kavan has visitors.

This past Thursday a close friend and I volunteered for the Canadian Cancer Society delivering Daffodils for their spring campaign. Throughout the last year Kavan and I have spoken frequently about how we could give back when his treatment is complete. I decided to get started a little earlier and I have to say it was lots of fun. April is Daffodil month. If you are able, I urge you to buy a bunch of daffodils or wear a daffodil pin. I saw this frightening quote on the Canadian Cancer Society's website, "Every three minutes Cancer picks a fight with another Canadian". It really is scary. Personally, I never thought I would be so close to the cause at such a young age. Kavan's fight has inspired me to do a little to help others out. I have a hard time donating money as a poor student but I can donate my time!


Daffodil Days
This weekend we escaped to Lac La Biche for some much needed rest and relaxation. Winter remains in full effect up there and Kavan and I found that out the hard way on our "nature walk". Something to laugh about later, I suppose.





Last night we celebrated Easter with the Hyde family. Kavan planned an elaborate Easter egg hunt for Patrick. It made him so happy to hear Patrick's enthusiastic shrieks.



Easter Egg Hunt


Now on to week 39. Kavan has a full month ahead of him. He has multiple scans and appointments. After this week, I do not believe that he works a full week this month. Eeek!

Have a good week and safe travels to Mrs. Hyde who is on her way back from South Africa!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: Comments that are disrespectful in any manner or contain spam messages will not be published. Please remember this is primarily a family blog published with the intent of keeping Kavan's family across the world and friends informed of his progress. Thank you