Saturday, April 6, 2013

And on to the weekend!

This week Kavan was back at work following his chemotherapy last week. He's been quite busy at work lately. He often comments that it can be difficult going back to work because he has to catch up on things that popped up when he was away. I know that he finds it stressful at times, but he is doing fantastically and I think his co-workers adore him as much as I do!

Kavan has been feeling well this week! I'm not too sure how he has so much energy all the time. I think I'm often more tired than he is! He has been busy working out and attempting to get rid of all that water weight from the week before! 

The next couple of weeks will be busy for Kavan. He has a TON of appointments coming up. This coming week he will go for physiotherapy, meetings with his oncologist and radiation oncologist, as well as the start of many scans. Fingers crossed that everything continues to go well. The end is in sight and I feel like we're in the final push!

As well, next week family visiting from England will arrive. The Hyde household will be a busy place. I know Kavan is very much looking forward to seeing his family again. I think most of us take for granted that our family is in one place. Kavan is lucky if he sees his family every couple of years!I know I'm very excited to meet more of Kavan's family. I only wish that we had better weather to offer them!

Below are some photos from Kavan's travels last year. It's hard to imagine that last year around this time he was arriving home from Asia only to discover his tumor a few weeks later. How time flies!

Kavan at the Great Wall of China

Teracotta Warriors




Kavan cooking...a rare sight!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: Comments that are disrespectful in any manner or contain spam messages will not be published. Please remember this is primarily a family blog published with the intent of keeping Kavan's family across the world and friends informed of his progress. Thank you