Tuesday, January 8, 2013

No Place Like Home

After a two week hiatus from blogging and reality, I am pleased to say I am back home and back to school. While my family vacation in Maui was a much-needed break, I can say the statement, "No Place Like Home" really echoes my sentiments. It was hard leaving Kavan for two weeks, especially when he was still admitted to the hospital.
So now it's back to school, work and real life. I am pleased to say that Kavan is back to work this week as well. After his hospital admission in December, the Christmas holidays and Chemotherapy last week, he really hasn't worked a full schedule in three weeks. I think he is relieved to get back to work and some sort of normal schedule.
Kavan's five days of Chemotherapy went well last week. He remained in high spirits and I think, overall, felt quite well. He was given the all-clear to start swimming again and to ease into other exercise slowly. I think he's really missed being active and I know he was excited to get back to the pool!
So, on to this week. Kavan has a couple of tests on Wednesday and Friday. We are not quite sure as to which tests he will have, but it will likely be a heart scan and some sort of MRI or PET scan. While I know these tests are very important in tracking Kavan's progress through this process, they are slightly unnerving. Please send your well-wishes in Kavan's direction!
Have a good week!




Photo of Kavan and friends on New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: Comments that are disrespectful in any manner or contain spam messages will not be published. Please remember this is primarily a family blog published with the intent of keeping Kavan's family across the world and friends informed of his progress. Thank you