Sunday, January 13, 2013

No News is Good News

 It's been a few days since I've updated the blog. It's been an eventful week with my return to school, the tests Kavan has had and as a result the blog has suffered.

This week Kavan had an MRI of his left leg, heart scan and bone scan. For me, I think the hardest part of all of these tests is waiting for the results. Often, I find my mind wandering to undesirable places and playing the 'what if' game. But, we all have to remember that these test are routine and will serve to provide valuable insight into Kavan's progress. I know he is strong and feels that things are going well. So please, send all your thoughts and well-wishes Kavan's way. It's going to be a long wait until Friday when he has his appointment with Dr.Chu and is notified of his results.

Uncle Kavan & Patrick at hockey


Patrick and I
Kavan's been in good spirits lately. He's back to his beloved swimming. I think he's been finding it tiring and he's not quite at the same physical level as he was prior to the radiation. It's just a matter of time though!

Kavan & I having some photo booth fun


Kavan, Ryan, Jamie, Andrew & Tim


This weekend I think Kavan may have had a little too much fun. He awoke this morning in somewhat rough shape and as a result of his indulgences last night, spent today in bed. While I love to see him enjoying himself with his friends, I think sometimes he might forget that his body is currently under tremendous stress and he isn't quite the same as the rest of them. I suppose he's just trying to be a normal twenty-something.

Now, onto the work week. Depending on his results on Friday, Kavan is due to have one day of chemotherapy next Monday. Hopefully all news will be positive this week and we will spend the weekend celebrating, albeit slightly less enthusiastically than last night.

Me and the girls having fun at the Bridal Fair
Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: Comments that are disrespectful in any manner or contain spam messages will not be published. Please remember this is primarily a family blog published with the intent of keeping Kavan's family across the world and friends informed of his progress. Thank you